Burgos is a small city in the northern part of Spain. A lot of people know this city for its beautiful cathedral – French Gothic Cathedral of St. Mary. Burgos cathedral was built during two centuries – from 13th until 15th. It’s an UNESCO world heritage site since 1984. People love the church for its wonderful […]
Burgos is a small city in the northern part of Spain. A lot of people know this city for its beautiful cathedral – French Gothic Cathedral of St. Mary.
Burgos cathedral was built during two centuries – from 13th until 15th. It’s an UNESCO world heritage site since 1984. People love the church for its wonderful architectural gothic. People say that León and Burgos are fighting for who has the most beautiful cathedral. We haven’t seen the one in León yet, but the cathedral in Burgos was very inspiring!
View this post on Instagram
The Burgos Cathedral is the result of great work of people in the 13th until 15th centuries! It's impressive to stand in front and see all the small details. Gorgeous gothic art 🙌🏼 ➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖ #loveistraveling #igersburgos #burgoscatgedral #gothicart #burgos #spain #beautifuldestinations
Despite the gothic cathedral the city is full of buildings with medieval architecture. The centre itself isn’t that big, so you can walk everything easily.
Furthermore the Camino the Santiago – Way of St. James or Camino Francés – leads through the city. You’ll meet pilgrim from all over the world and people screaming “Buen camino!”. This means good walk. If you see a pilgrim feel free to wish him a good trip to Santiago, the pilgrims will be very happy.
What to do in Burgos in one day?
- Walk around the Cathedral and take pictures from every ankle. People say it worth it to go inside the building. The entrance costs around 7€.
- Check out the medieval buildings while wandering around. For sure you will pass by many other amazing churches and the colourful plaza mayor.
- Take a walk along the river of Burgos.
- Hungry? Check out Cervecería Morito – delicious food for low budget. This bar is well known in Burgos. That means it can be quite busy there. After waiting for few minutes you’ll get a place for sure.
Make sure to taste “Morcilla” and lamb while you’re in Burgos. That’s what people recommended us to try, too 😉
- Time to change the perspective! Let’s try the bird’s-eye view. Burgos has a castle 981 meter above the sea. Up the castle you’ll have a nice view on the city and the Cathedral.